Skip to main content

How will i go about not wanting to testify against my own crime partner and dont even know what my first statement said

La Puente, CA |

we got arrested for a crime i got sentenced and got out and now the da is asking for me to go testify against my crime partner is that normal or how can i go about that

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You have to be very careful here. I would assume you are on probation. You may be in violation of terms of probation.

    Andrew Roberts

  2. You should talk to an attorney.
    DA wants you to testify. He is probably of the opinion that as you have pled , you cannot assert the 5th amendment. You may or may not be able to do so. Depends on a number of facts and the DA is NOT the place to get that advice. S/he is not your friend.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

  3. I am wondering if as part of your deal with the D.A., you agreed to testify against the other co-defendant. You sound like you are confused about how to proceed. At the very least, consult with some attorneys to get a better grasp of what to expect.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics