How will green card application if I get married? Is it better for me to continue my application through my fiancé?

Asked over 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO

I'm currently under H1B and waiting for my priority date to become current (july 2010; country: Philippines) before I can apply for my green card?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

18

Answered . If your fiancée is a US citizen, that would be the fastest way to get a green card.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

7

Answered . Is your fiancee a US citizen? If so, yes that will be faster.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

4

Answered . If you get your green card by marrying a US citizen and it has not been 2 years on the date of determination of application, you will get a conditional green card valid for 2 years and you will apply to remove condition before it expires. Employment-based green cards are permanent green cards. One takes longer to get than the other. It is advisable therefore to consult with an experienced immigration attorney so you are aware of your options and seek benefits via process that suits you best.

4. Igor Serbinin

Pro

2

Answered . Yes it will be faster.

5. Joshua M Deere

Pro

2

Answered . If your fiance is a U.S. citizen, then that would be the fastest and probably easiest way to apply for your green card.

6. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . If fiancé is a US citizen that would be faster

7. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.