How will being on probation for a DUI affect my green card renewal process ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Yulee, FL

I am a legal resident of U.S. and I have had a green card since 1987. I have family here, my husband and my son are citizens.

1. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . It depends on the seriousness of the DUI. DUI can be a crime involving moral turpitude if there were injuries and for repeat offenders.

2. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

1

Answered . You should speak with an Immigration attorney about this question. I'm sure the answer will depend on other factors as well so its best to talk with an attorney about your specific situation. Good luck.

3. Christopher Irvin Simser

1

Answered . Post this in the Immigration Law section of Avvo.

Better yet, speak to an Immigration Law attorney in your area about this issue. It is too important to trust to chance.