How will a public defender defend the defendant? I am the victim, he is being charged with a pc 243 d.

Asked over 1 year ago - West Covina, CA

The reason he hit me was ridiculous, I have a lot of documented proof of injuries.

I forgot to mention that this is a juvenile case.

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

3

Answered . How can we know his public defender's strategy which is confidential to the defendant and not available to the public? If you are asking how the prosecutor can nail this guy, despite his PD, ask the prosecutor, not us.

2. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

3

Answered . This is like asking how will a kidney surgeon transplant his patient's kidney. The attorney, like the surgeon, will perform their job carefully and to the best of their ability.

3. Richard Franklin Taub

2

Answered . I am not sure what you are looking for here when you ask "[h]ow will a public defender defend the defendant?" First, I would assume that a public defender as with any attorney, will be a zealous representative and advocate for his client. The translation is that he or she will do everything within ethical and legal bounds to defend his client. Second, whether the reason the defendant hit you is ridiculous or not does not always parallel whether a legal defense will have strength. However, you can expect the defendant's attorney to come up with his best defense/strategy.

4. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . He will represent him to the best of his ability .

5. William Emil Cassara

Pro

3

Answered . i would assume, and hope, he or she will defend their client to the best of their abilities within the ethical parameters of the law.

6. Brian K Wanerman

1

Answered . He will defend him just like a private criminal defense attorney would. Contrary to popular misconception, public defenders are not a lower class of attorneys, nor are they not attorneys as some people believe.