How will a class A or B misdemeanor affect my child's fathers custody?

Longview, TX |

My baby's father has a class A & B misdemeanor for DWI in the state of Texas. He will still be on probation when she is born, I feel as if she will not be safe with him due to this incident and from things I've seen myself. How will this affect his custody?

If custody has already been established previously, a DWI offense will likely not have a significant effect on the custody situation. If you had an attorney for the custody situation previously, you should contact that attorney to get a better handle on the situation. There are many factors that affect custody decisions and you need someone to take a look at the entire situation to give you a better idea of the possibilities. Use this website to find an experienced family law attorney in your area if you didn't previously have an attorney for this matter.

John Joseph Eastland

John Joseph Eastland

You should contact your lawyer who handled your divorce and custody suit and determine if your ex's conduct is a danger to your child. Supervised custody is an option, as well. This is more of a family law question than a DWI issue. Good luck.

I'm going to change your practice area to family law, maybe you will get more responses from lawyers in this field. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.

Ethan Patrick Meaney

Ethan Patrick Meaney

Try posting in he family law section for more responses from lawyers in this field.

Thank you, I had originally chosen Family Law, I'm not sure how it got posted here!

Ethan Patrick Meaney

Ethan Patrick Meaney

Sure no problem. Good luck.

This is a family law question.

It won't, unless, it is a family violence assault or criminal trespass which could restrict your spouse.

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship. You should hire an attorney for legal representation.

DUI topics