How will a change of residential address affect my green card renewal? I have a conditional green card that is about to expire.

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I'm separated, moved out of the house and going through divorce, I have not signed the papers yet but I need to renew my green card within a month. Will using a different address affect my application process?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . Get divorced and file an I-751 waiver.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

1

Answered . You're moving away and filing for divorce will have profound Implications on how you file your form I-751 to remove conditions. Once divorced, you will be able to invoke one of the many exceptions that exist for the joint filing requirement. But can only do so once divorced. In the meantime, it's very important to file the I-751 one before Your green card expires. It is imperative that you hire a skilled immigration lawyer in your area to assist you with the process. He or she will know how to ask USC I to hold the adjudication of yourI-751 until the finalization of your divorce.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

4

1

Answered . If you filed based on a joint petition, the separation will affect your pending application in a profound way. I recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney immediately to discuss your options.