How will a change of residential address affect my green card renewal?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I'm separated, moved out of the house and going through divorce, I have not signed the papers yet but I need to renew my green card within a month. Will using a different address affect my application process?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . Is this an I751 petition or an I-90 green card renewal after ten years?

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . Not really, it will not by itself. If filing for the replacement of your green card, your divorce or having moved will not matter at all. If filing for the removal of conditions on your temporary green card, you will be self petitioning anyway by invoking one of the various exceptions that exist to the I-71's joint filing requirement. I hope you will be hiring this killed immigration lawyer in your area.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

3

Answered . The mere changing of your address, alone, should not affect the renewal of your green card, however, you want to ensure that USCIS delivers the card to the correct address. Contact USCIS customer service or your local immigration attorney for further assistance.