How/where can I get a lawyer to go over a business contract for a joint venture? I have never experienced this before.

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Hi, I am a web designer and knowledgeable with internet marketing, etc. I recently agreed to be a partner on a business venture (software firm) with a substantial percentage of the business given to me in exchange for my expertise. Now, while I am knowledgeable, I do not have the funds to hire an analyst or a specialized attorney to help me go over the agreement that I have yet to sign. So I am asking you, lawyers of the Houston area if there is a place where I can get some pro bono help with going over this contract. If you'd like to help we can barter. Like I said, I am a good web designer and in exchange I can create the best website you have ever seen (responsive design and everything, a1k to 2k value). I"m 25 and have never dealt with something like this before, so I need help.

And hey, if multiple lawyers can give me some input and help me go over this agreement that would be awesome! I would appreciate all the help I can get. I wouldn't mind making you all awesome websites.

1. Matthew Adam Pek

Best Answer

Answered . Ummm, AVVO!!!

I'd be happy to help but need more facts and dets.

Feel free to contact me directly by phone at (516) 238-4006, or by email at pek@carterpek.com.

Here to help if you could still use it!

Best,
    Matthew

2. DaSean A. Jones

Pro

Answered . You may possibly contact TALA (http://talarts.org/). They can set you up with a pro bono attorney. Additionally, some attorneys may not charge you a dime, just call and see.

I would be willing to assist if possible.

3. Michael Thomas Stanczyk

Answered . This website is a great resource for you to find competent attorney. Some startup attorneys can delay their fees or give you a discount. Here's a piece on joint ventures generally that may help -