How was person in photo radar ticket identified if AVIS rental car contract was in someone elses name??

Asked almost 5 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

a month after renting a car from avis in my name only I rcvd a notice in my name from ATS Proc. Service by mail stating i had a speeding violation in the rental car & they released my rental info to Az Dept Public Safety Photo Traffic enforcement. i owed ATS a 25.00 svc fee & actual photo ticket would be sent by mail. I rcvd ticket 2 months later! the photo was not me -a woman- but my nephew who lives with me, and was in his name & his AZ DL# !! How did they get his info when contract was mine?what can I do????

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Several AZ courts are not proceeding with these photo radar tickets. Check with a lawyer in the subject place to determine what your rights are.

The news reported that Maricopa County decided to dismiss all radar speeding tickets because of equipment defects. Since Arizona uses the same system all over the state hire and ask a lawyer about raising this defense. You have rights but you have to act to protect your rights.

Good luck to you. I am in Chicago. I do not practice in Arizona.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.