Skip to main content

How was a offender released...???

Philadelphia, PA |

Hello, I've already posted a question that my ex is on Probation and he assaulted me while our child was in the room and in arms reach... my new question is how was he released when we didn't even go to court yet...??? This is a domestic case...

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should contact the jail or the prosecutor's office.

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

  2. You indicate that he was in jail on a domestic case. I can only assume he was incarcerated for contempt for not paying child support or for violating a protection for abuse order. If this is the case, you should call Family Court and they may be able to direct your call to someone who can review his case. If you retain an attorney they would also be able to investigate the matter. Good luck.

  3. He could have been released, because they did not lodge a probation detainer on him. Or, they might have lifted the detainer that was lodged.

    Attorney Michael Kotik, Esq.
    Two Penn Center (Philadelphia)
    1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    (267) 265-4553 (Phone) (Email)

    Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Lawyer Michael Kotik | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics