How USCIS makes decisions on visas?

Asked over 1 year ago - Madison, WI

Hello, if I qualify for deferred action can USCIS still deny me? I know that DACA is discretionary but for what reasons can I be denied? Thank you for replying and have a nice day!

I think they might deny my visa because of my F2 status. USCIS asked me to prove to them that I no longer had F2 so my lawyer sent them a copy of my father's green card ( my father had F1 years ago and I was his dependant).

1. Norma Lorenzo

1

2

Best Answer

Answered . Hi hope that you are well. Your question is really general. Is there is a reason why you are worried that USCIS will deny your application. Perhaps beginning there would lead to a more focused question. Best of luck!

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . You contradict yourself in your question . If you understand that the decision is discretionary then you understand that they can deny you for no reason at all. They do not need a reason.

3. Stephen D. Berman

1

1

Answered . If there is no good reason for denial you would probably be approved. Reasons for denial may include arrests, gang membership, drug use, or other activities that make you undesirable in the U.S.