How to withdraw pending H1B application and effects of H1B denial

Asked over 1 year ago - Palo Alto, CA

1. How can I and/or my employer withdraw a H1B application? It is currently pending (on an RFE) but I wish to withdraw it asap because I am unable to supply the information they are requesting via the RFE.

2. If the employer needs to do something, is there anything I can do? I am worried my employer may not submit the withdrawal paperwork.

3. If I get my H1B denied, will I be able to utilize ESTA Visa Waiver Program in the future?

4. If I withdraw my H1B before the denial, is it possible for me to utilize ESTA Visa Waiver Program ?

Thanks with regard to the information about the withdrawal only being possible via the employer. However, I also want to know - if my employer's H1B application for me is rejected, will that affect my ability to utilize the ESTA visa in the future? The conditions are that I must not have been denied a visa previously.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Talk to the employer's attorney. they know how.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . 1, 2. Only an employer can do so.
    3,4 probably.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . 1. You can't do anything. The paperwork is the property of the company .. their employer is the proper person to file the proper papers.

2. No, the company's immigration attorney is the proper person to file papers .. you can't.

3. Even if approved it won't be 'your' H-1B ... it will be the property of the company.

4. You can't file the withdrawal papers. As for ESTA, perhaps ... there are other factors.

Talk to an immigration lawyer in private ... after you have talked to the company's immigration attorney ... not some non-attorney in HR.

.