Skip to main content

How to win a case if their a false report against you

Buffalo, MN |
Filed under: Criminal defense


Attorney Answers 7

  1. Best answer

    Developing any strategies for an effective defense depends on the nature of the charge/allegations and the evidence against you. A review would be required.

    For a FREE consultation call 612.240.8005.

    Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at

  2. By showing the reporter not to be credible. You will need a good lawyer to represent you at trial, this is too complex a situation to handle on your own.

    This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Only a lawyer fully versed on the facts and circumstances of your case can properly advise you on the case. I am licensed to practice in Minnesota, not every state. You should always consult with an attorney licensed in your area on how best to proceed.

  3. Retain a good criminal defense lawyer. Consider with the lawyer also hiring an investigator, and other investigation options.

  4. A good attorney prepares his defense, gathers evidence, and plans his trial.

  5. Everyone is right. It sounds cliche, but you need a good lawyer. Feel free to call 612-554-4236this for a free consultation.

  6. How do you think you win a case if there is a false report against you? The prosection is required to meet their burden of proof (i.e beyond a reasonable doubt.) You can sit back and hope the prosecution can't prove its case, or you can get an attorney.

  7. Lying in a police report is one thing (that, unfortunately happens all the time), but getting on the stand - even as a police officer - when potential career credibility and perjury charges are on the line is quite another. I have had MANY officers/report persons "correct" the facts in their police report while on the stand. Never plead guilty to something you didn't do and hire the best attorney you can afford... it will likely be worth it in the end. If you would like a free consultation please contact my office at (612) 825-6415 or via our website at

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics