Skip to main content

How to win a " VOP " violation of probation ?

Port Richey, FL |

how can I show the judge my probation of violation is not willful ? I have counseling that needs to be completed but the class is hard for me. I have been going to class every week for almost 6 years everything else as part of my probation is completed. I have a IQ in the low 70 and consider borderline of handicap which may be a factor why this class is hard for me as well.

My probation officer did mention to me before, he can't see that it's willful that even if I was to do another 6 years of this class I may still not complete the class. But what he's telling my wife and I and what he puts in the violation report is a different story because I know probation officers lie all the time.

Attorney Answers 3


I would strongly recommend you retain a criminal defense attorney. A criminal defense attorney will assist in identifying potential defenses to the VOP. My firm offers free case consultations concerning these matters. Our office number is 813 830 2261.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area to assist you. He/she will need all the documents, the original judgment, the terms of your probation, all your compliance including classes, etc. to help you. Good luck.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


A criminal defense attorney may be able to get your probation extended so that you may complete the counseling. Good luck

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics