How to win a " VOP " violation of probation ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Port Richey, FL

how can I show the judge my probation of violation is not willful ? I have counseling that needs to be completed but the class is hard for me. I have been going to class every week for almost 6 years everything else as part of my probation is completed. I have a IQ in the low 70 and consider borderline of handicap which may be a factor why this class is hard for me as well.

My probation officer did mention to me before, he can't see that it's willful that even if I was to do another 6 years of this class I may still not complete the class. But what he's telling my wife and I and what he puts in the violation report is a different story because I know probation officers lie all the time.

1. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

7

Answered . I would strongly recommend you retain a criminal defense attorney. A criminal defense attorney will assist in identifying potential defenses to the VOP. My firm offers free case consultations concerning these matters. Our office number is 813 830 2261.

2. Frank Mascagni III

6

Answered . You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area to assist you. He/she will need all the documents, the original judgment, the terms of your probation, all your compliance including classes, etc. to help you. Good luck.

3. Colleen M. Glenn

Pro

4

Answered . A criminal defense attorney may be able to get your probation extended so that you may complete the counseling. Good luck
    www.colleenglenn.com