How to use Advanced Parole document?

Lynnwood, WA |

Greetings. I have advanced parole and will be using it for the first time next month.

They sent me two identical copies. Can I leave one copy at home for safekeeping? Will I have trouble at the port of entry when I come back with only one copy?

Thank you.

Make a photocopy to keep at home and bring both copies with you to the port of entry.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You will need both copies. For safety, I agree with my colleagues, you should make a black and white photocopy and leave it at home, in case the document is lost or stolen, so you have a record of it. Never make color copies of government documents. You don't want any allegation that you tried to fraudulently reproduce it. Make black and white copies.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.