How to understand legal lingo in estate property documents?

Aiken, SC |

I have an agreement with brother to sale approx. 2.5 acres out of 11 and I want to make sure the papers that they sent for me to sign are legit because I don't understand what they really say. and don't want to sign away the entire property for the little amount for agreed above. I am in sc and he is in va which is where property is and they have no probate so it is a different type of document

Please take the documents to an estate attorney so that he or she can explain them to you. We cannot do so in this forum.

This is why there are lawyers. It is worth your time and money to have legal advice so please do so.

This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature.

A local Probate lawyer can explain all the terms in a "lay person's" language.

Wills and estates topics