How to understand legal lingo in estate property documents?

Asked about 1 year ago - Aiken, SC

I have an agreement with brother to sale approx. 2.5 acres out of 11 and I want to make sure the papers that they sent for me to sign are legit because I don't understand what they really say. and don't want to sign away the entire property for the little amount for agreed above. I am in sc and he is in va which is where property is and they have no probate so it is a different type of document

1. Ruth Elaine McMahon

7

Answered . Please take the documents to an estate attorney so that he or she can explain them to you. We cannot do so in this forum.

2. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

4

Answered . This is why there are lawyers. It is worth your time and money to have legal advice so please do so.

3. Robert J Adams Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . A local Probate lawyer can explain all the terms in a "lay person's" language.