How to subpoena without money?

Rockford, IL |

I will be filing an Order of Protection, civil suit case, against my ex-girlfriend. I want to subpoena for evidence and witnesses, but I do not have any money. Is there any way for me to sue as a poor person or subpoena as a poor person?

How do I go about motioning the court to subpoena for evidence and witnesses when I do not have any money?

There is no provision for waiving witness fees or fees for evidence in a civil case.

Thank you for the information. I hope you enjoyed my phone call.

How can I find out how much it will cost to subpoena for things?

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

I have no idea what you are talking about. What phone call?

I'm sorry. I could have sworn I called you to talk about 2011-OP-2106 of Rockford, IL.

You are probably better off just walking away and not looking back. You will make a bad situation worse. Walk away and start a new page in your life .

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

No, thank you. The criminal statute of limitations on some criminal charges have not expired. I was victimized with DV by her before she filed against me. I was hoping to be a good Christian about it, but I am seeking criminal charges against her.

Furthermore, I do not believe that I will make a bad situation worse. I've read a fair amount of law and about domestic violence. It is an injustice to allow someone who has committed domestic violence to walk away without prosecution. As they say, "Judge not lest you be judged by the same standard."

There is no statute or rule that provides for a waiver of subpoena fees. You did not say why you are filing an order of protection against your ex girlfriend. If you have police reports, they will give you a copy upon request--but give yourself enough time. If you have medical reports, the health provider will give you a copy of your own medical reports. If you have people who are willing to come in as witnesses, you do not have to subpoena them--they may come voluntarily.

Any answer I provide to individual's questions are based upon general knowledge and do not create an attorney-client relationship. There is not enough information provided to give a full and complete legal response and you must meet with me or another attorney directly in order to discuss the details of your entire case.

I allege that my ex-girlfriend committed stalking, assault, domestic battery, telephone harassment, and trespassing against me.

I would want a subpoena for the telephone records so that it is proved on court record that she committed telephone harassment against me. I have a reasonable way to discuss that battery occurred toward me. I would also allege reckless conduct or disorderly conduct, as she did not tell me that she had HPV and other vaginal issues prior to sexual intercourse (only that she was on birth control): I did not give informed consent.