How to study in USA if I'm illegal?

San Fernando, CA |

I came in U.S from Europe about 8 months ago like a visitor with ESTA and did not come back home after 3 months. I would like to ask can I study over here?
What are education conditions in U.S for illegal immigrants from Europe?

Your tentative educational prospects being an undocumented alien in the U.S. are not great.
To be honest with you, you are not eligible for any federal college or university aid or scholarships as U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents would be.
There are some city colleges that may offer some inexpensive classes locally. I believe that the State of California has some excellent provisions for its residents. You may be undocumented alien and yet, still be a resident of California.
For further assistance on your options please contact admission and student aid offices of the colleges you are interested in.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

The conditions for you are bad, very bad. Go home before you accrue 180 days of unlawful status after your 90 ESTA expired. Apply for a student visa at the US Consul in your home country.
Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law

FIRST 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION IS FREE (SKYPE or phone only). e-mail to set up a time that is convenient:

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, WE CAN HELP. Our services are not limited by State, nor International boundaries. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
Do not rely completely on information you get on a website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking any action.

Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or - If you are low income go here: or

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues.

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

But in California everything is a little bit easier with illegals that want to get education, isn't it?

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law