How to study in USA if I'm illegal?

Asked almost 3 years ago - San Fernando, CA

I came in U.S from Europe about 8 months ago like a visitor with ESTA and did not come back home after 3 months. I would like to ask can I study over here?
What are education conditions in U.S for illegal immigrants from Europe?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The conditions for you are bad, very bad. Go home before you accrue 180 days of unlawful status after your 90 ESTA expired. Apply for a student visa at the US Consul in your home country.
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law

    FIRST 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION IS FREE (SKYPE or phone only). e-mail to set up a time that is convenient:

    NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, WE CAN HELP. Our services are not limited by State, nor International boundaries. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
    Do not rely completely on information you get on a website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking any action.

    Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or - If you are low income go here: or

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your tentative educational prospects being an undocumented alien in the U.S. are not great.
    To be honest with you, you are not eligible for any federal college or university aid or scholarships as U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents would be.
    There are some city colleges that may offer some inexpensive classes locally. I believe that the State of California has some excellent provisions for its residents. You may be undocumented alien and yet, still be a resident of California.
    For further assistance on your options please contact admission and student aid offices of the colleges you are interested in.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more
  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Undocumented immigrants

Undocumented immigrants are usually subject to deportation if discovered by US authorities. However, certain circumstances can qualify someone for an exception.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,658 answers this week

3,783 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,658 answers this week

3,783 attorneys answering