How to stop someone from harassing me via text message?

Asked over 2 years ago - Melbourne, FL

I have been receiving harassing text messages from someone that I once considered a friend. The most recent text that I received included a personal threat. This person is bi-polar and has other mental health issues. What can I do to stop these messages? Please help!!

1. Stephanie Bolton

1

Answered . If you feel threatened you can contact the police and file for a restraining order. The first thing I'd recommend is changing your number.

2. Summer Rae Goldman

Pro

Answered . If you seriously feel threatened, contact law enforcement. You could also try to get an injunction against the person, which is commonly referred to as a restraining order. However, it's unlikely a judge would grant it given the scenario you described.

3. Juna Madray Pulayya

Answered . Try changing your number and call the police if it continues. You may want to consult with a local attorney so he or she can give you a complete legal analysis of your situation.

JMP Law, P.A.
    Juna M. Pulayya
    www.jmplawyer.com
    junior@jmplawyer.com