Skip to main content

How to stop garnishment of wages after stipulation of settlement in NY state.

New York, NY |
Filed under: Family law

I am helping my brother-in-law write a stipulation of settlement for child support. He lives in FL and his wages are being garnished from NYC child support services. My sister-in-law has agreed in principal to the settlement. Do we need to include verbage regarding the garnishment of wages, does the court notify child support services or do they need to be included in the stipulation of settlement. He has a hearing on July 19, 2012 in Kings County Supreme Court. Thank you

Attorney Answers 1


It needs to be in the stipulation of settlement that any and all child support arrearages have been satisfied. Good luck!

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics