How to stop a restraining order?

Asked about 5 years ago - Alexandria, VA

my ex boyfriend is from Maryland (PG County) and i am from Virginia (fairfax County) ..he put a restraining order on me..but now he wants to stop it..what do he need to do?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Virginia C Haizlip

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If the protective order is in Virginia and you both agree, you can go to the court and file a motion to dissolve the protective order.

  2. Edward Jerome Blum

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I don't practice in MD or VA. You need to go to court and have it removed. He needs to file papers to modify it if in civil court. If in criminal court you need to appear in person and ask to have it removed.

    Edward J. Blum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,879 answers this week

2,948 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,879 answers this week

2,948 attorneys answering