How to stay in the US legally?

Asked over 1 year ago - Alexandria, VA

My husband got transfered on a L1 visa and then laid off. We applied for a B2 visa which was granted. He now has a job offer- very well paid- as a consultant in a Scandinavian country. We are owing a house here and our daughter is attending a local, private school. I have no desire to move and uproot the family again. Is there any chance he can work as an consultant, pay taxes on his income here in the US and for us to continue living here? He will be spending most of the time in Scandinavia and basically commute between the two countries. All in all we will be contributing to the US economy.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

1

Answered . This is a complex situation. Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Dana Roxana Bucin

4

Answered . You should consult an attorney as this assessment is best done over a consultation

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues ... this will be quite complicated to work out.

My greatest immediate concern is the children .. they may NOT ATTEND SCHOOL in the US, even private schools, on B-2 visas.

As for your husband ... perhaps the Scandinavian company can bring him overseas, file for a blanket L and transfer him back to the US after only 6 months of working abroad.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

1

Answered . Is this another transfer by the L-1 employer?