How to start NVC processing of I-130 approved by USCIS four months ago?

Brooklyn, NY |

USCIS sent approved I-130 to NVC four months ago. No letter from NVC so far. Need to file provisional waiver. How to start NVC processing?

Make sure the addresses are correct. Call 800-375-5283 to see if USCIS forwarded this approved I-130 to NVC. After that you must inform NVC of the desire to file provisional waiver via NVCI601A@state.gov.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

Attorney Garmo is pointing you in the right direction.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree with Atty Garmo.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics