How to start a community service outreach, affordable housing , payee services for all disabled through your existing church.

Columbus, OH |
Filed under: Non-profit business

I am wanting to start a non-profit agency. Using my mother's church we are already a nonprofit but did not file for our 503c as yet. The church as been in operation for 2yr and a month now. I have already form a board for the agency and in the process of renting a small office space. I am in the need for guidance on how to file for the 503C and how to add the agency as an extension from the church. I have a mission statement and vision for the organization. I'm need to find a lawyer that is willing to hear and guide the company in the right way. Can this be done?

1. First, let me congratulate your and encourage the good work you are undertaking. Start with the IRS website. They have a step-by-step guide that walks you through the classifications and application process. If you get overwhelmed, an attorney or non-profit formation organization can help you The link is below:

Business topics