Skip to main content

How to slow down the Foreclosure process to sale the house

Austin, TX |

My house is on the market, For Sale by Owner, and I just received a Citation Foreclosure. Are there any way I can slow down the process so I can properly sale my house ?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Consult an attorney to see if a Chapter 13 bankruptcy might be a way for you to sell your house in an orderly way.

  2. File a bankruptcy, pay the mortgage, file suit in State court and ask for a temporary restraining order

  3. If you got a citation for Rule 736 foreclosure, you can stop the foreclosure by filing a lawsuit against the mortgage company. Naturally, you would have to have legitimate reasons to sue, but the suit would delay foreclosure for many months. You can call me for free consultation.

    This comment is given for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship exists between us.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics