Skip to main content

How to sign a Spousal signature authorization to my wife ?

Chicago, IL |

I have a few health problems so I am in and out the hospital all the time now,my wife does the bills and all,I own a small business and the house under my name only besides two cars and some other things,my wife faces problems every now and then,How to sign a spousal signature for her I am not sure is it the same as power of attorney,just something to authorize my wife to sign her name in stead of me ,like she was in a car accident driving my car,so the other guy insurance company asked for my signature and didn't accept hers

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I have no idea what you're talking about. What is a "Spousal signature authorization?" What are you trying to accomplish?


Posted just to let her sign her name instead of mine ,is that the same is the power of attorney ?


I have no idea what you are talking about? Do you want a Power of Attorney?

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.




No one understands your question. Please re-phrase and just tell us what you're trying to get done.




I highly doubt that the Reclamation Reform Act of 1982 is applicable to you, unless you are a landowner in the Western U.S. and have issues with water. Rather, it sounds as though you need to sign a power of attorney for property to allow your wife to handle your finances for you while you are incapacitated. I recommend that you meet with an estate planning attorney and ask for a power of attorney. You may also want to consider having a power of attorney for health prepared for you as well. I'm not sure why you categorized your question as being in the "family law" areas of alimony, child support, divorce, etc. If you are divorced from you wife, please make sure the attorney you work with knows this.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois and have an office in Kane County. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you this answer helpful.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer