How to sign a Spousal signature authorization to my wife ?

Asked 8 months ago - Chicago, IL

I have a few health problems so I am in and out the hospital all the time now,my wife does the bills and all,I own a small business and the house under my name only besides two cars and some other things,my wife faces problems every now and then,How to sign a spousal signature for her

http://www.usbr.gov/rra/RRA_tools/spousal_signature_authorization.pdf
I am not sure is it the same as power of attorney,just something to authorize my wife to sign her name in stead of me ,like she was in a car accident driving my car,so the other guy insurance company asked for my signature and didn't accept hers

1. Wes Cowell

Pro

5

Answered . I have no idea what you're talking about. What is a "Spousal signature authorization?" What are you trying to accomplish?

2. Dean Taradash

5

Answered . No one understands your question. Please re-phrase and just tell us what you're trying to get done.

3. Judith Anne Schening

5

Answered . I highly doubt that the Reclamation Reform Act of 1982 is applicable to you, unless you are a landowner in the Western U.S. and have issues with water. Rather, it sounds as though you need to sign a power of attorney for property to allow your wife to handle your finances for you while you are incapacitated. I recommend that you meet with an estate planning attorney and ask for a power of attorney. You may also want to consider having a power of attorney for health prepared for you as well. I'm not sure why you categorized your question as being in the "family law" areas of alimony, child support, divorce, etc. If you are divorced from you wife, please make sure the attorney you work with knows this.

4. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

4

Answered . I have no idea what you are talking about? Do you want a Power of Attorney?