How to settle my warrants without going to Prision ?

Asked over 3 years ago - Dallas, TX

I was place on deferred probation in those two counties in 2008. 2 felony charges from Dallas county & 1 felony from Tarrant county.. I have violated my probations when I started working in Louisiana a month later. So I moved out of the country without my passport.. Can I retain an attorneys from outside the U.S to work on my case ? Should I wait a few more years ?

1. Charles Elwood Soechting Jr.

1

Best Answer

Answered . So you have absconded by leaving the county, state and country? If you're going to do anything, you would need a Texas attorney first, however not being present in the country it is going to be difficult to do anything for you. A bond will have to be posted presuming you have warrants out. A probation revocation hearing will take place and you'll have to explain why you ran and didn't do what you were supposed to.
    Deferred means that if you're found guilty you can face the FULL punishment range of each offense. You do need an attorney, but you need to realize you are going to have to put some effort into this and jail time is likely.

Good luck

2. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . If you return to the country without having taken care of this matter, then you will be arrested upon entry. You are entitled to a bond (in most cases) when you are facing a hearing on a deferred adjudication but most judges require that you be taken into custody before the bond is set.

Lawyers from outside the U.S. cannot help. You will need to hire lawyers in the counties where the warrants are pending.

I will warn you that the chances of settling 3 felony probations from which you absconded without doing time in prison is unlikely.