Skip to main content

How to settle a PA Judgement that is on my Drivers License?

Frackville, PA |

I have a judgement from a car accident in 2001 and it has my license suspened. I cannot pay the judgement in full or even close to it. How do I get my license back? Is there a way I can make payments and it can be removed? Also if I file bankurptcy will that remove the judgement and will i be able to get my license back then?

Attorney Answers 2


A bankruptcy will discharge the debt and so that should free your license.
However, before you do that, I suggest you speak with whoever is holding the judgment and see whether the would agree to enter into a sort of a payment plan with you. In this way, you may be able to free up your license.

Nima Taradji

Disclaimer: I am a lawyer licensed in the State of Illinois only, and I am not your lawyer (unless you have been in my office and signed a contract). This communication is not intended as legal advice, and no attorney client relationship results. Please consult your own attorney for legal advice. This is for informational purposes only.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


A bankruptcy should work, also some DMV may allow restricted license. Some states, Like California where I practice allow a stipulate for payment and unsuspend the license.

Call a local attorney immediately.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics