How to sell a deceased person's car in Mass. that is titled to them and has cleared probate in Maine.

Southborough, MA |
Filed under: Probate Probate court

My mother passed away in Maine and her car is titled to her. There are no liens. My sister lives in Vermont and is the administrator of the estate and probate was completed in Maine. I am her brother and trying to sell the car in Massachusetts to help her. I have a letter from the Maine probate court stating my sister is the administrator, a certified copy of the death certificate, and she has filled out the car's title as the seller.
How do I properly complete the transaction with regards to the title and sale to ensure I've adhered to the proper procedures?

1. If probate has closed, you should be able to go into the DMV with the title and death certificate and have the title property transferred.

Wills and estates topics