How to reopen a traffic ticket case

Macon, GA |

I am a 19 year old male college studentand got a ticket in December 2009. It stated that I was going 65 in a 35. I found out later that this was a known speed trap. I was on my way home. I paid the ticket in Jan., on time. I did not appeal because everyone was telling me that it would not do any good. I just found out 2 days ago Feb.27 that my license has been suspended since Feb. 17th and will be for 6 months. I didn't know because I had not veen home to answer a certified mail notice that was waiting for me. How should I go about approaching this? I need my car for work. I live away from home. What is the best way to approach this? The ticket was given in Ft. Valley GA

1. You will want to hire an attorney in Fort Valley. The attorney can move to withdraw the plea - at the very least, the attroney can file a writ of habeas corpus under the ospus you did not enter an knowing plea. You have six months to file a writ from the date of disposition. It is likely a local attorney may be able to handle it with a visit to the courthouse. Expect to pay.