How to renew a work authorization permit for political asylum applicant?

I moved my political asylum case to another state and received another court date in October but my present work permit is expires in June. How should I renew it?

Philadelphia, PA -

Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Immigration Attorney - Cherry Hill, NJ

Ask your attorney - you may be eligible to file another I-765.

Adam Michael Solow

Adam Michael Solow

Immigration Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

If you aren't going to use an attorney, you need to follow the online I-765 directions very carefully when you try to renew your work permit.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

By filing an I-765

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Ask your attorney. You have the right to file for the extension of your EAD months prior to its expiration. Just make sure the the EAD extension application will be fi,d with the right USCIS Service Center if you changed to another state.

Kara Lien Roberts

Kara Lien Roberts

Immigration Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

File a renewal I-765 three to four months before your current work permit expires with the appropriate fee and documents evidencing eligibility for work authorization. If you filed the first one, the renewal is likely to be quite similar, but requires a fee this time (or a fee waiver application - Form I-912, if you qualify for that). Beyond pointing you to the instructions for the I-765 (and instructions for form I-912 if appropriate), there is not much more that can be said to answer your question. If you run into problems and/or have additional questions, it is likely you would need to retain an attorney to assist you as it gets really close to legal advice. If you are low income, you may be able to find assistance with a local are legal aid and/or similar non-profit offering free/low fee immigration legal services to the low income community in your area (such as Catholic Charities, Church World Service, International Rescue Committee, etc.). Good luck!