How to remove personal information from radaris.com? Their OPT OUT option is a scam, designed to capture your information.

Asked 8 months ago - Atlanta, GA

Radaris is refusing to remove my personal information from their website. Their OPT OUT process is a scam and it does not work. Their system is designed so they can collect information from a customer, but they don’t actually honor REMOVAL requests. I contacted customer service several times and I got their voice mail only. They respond to their emails via robot only. There are several complaints against this company, so there is a CLEAR PATTERN OF ABUSE!!! I want to protect my privacy and therefore Radaris MUST remove my personal information from their website immediately. I need a lawyer who will step up to those crooks!!! Note, that all other legitimate companies (ex. Intelius, Lexis Nexis) have a OPT OUT process that works, but this company does not honor any request!

1. Jason Robert Carnell

2

Answered . The internet is a powerful tool for spreading information...including the bad kinds. An entire industry has popped up where websites publish publicly available information (such as arrest records) and then charge you to take it down. If this website has an option for removal of information and you have satisfied all of their requirements, you may have a cause of action against them. You should find out where the website is hosted and begin your attorney search there.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . It appears you are looking for a lawyer, try Avvo find a lawyer tab, or call your state bar and request a referral.

3. Andrew Mark Jaffe

Pro

1

Answered . I often say as cocktail chatter that there is no gravity on the Internet, what goes up does not come down.

That having been said, I have worked for dozens of clients to get information removed or search engine de-listed. I would say the success rate for these kinds of actions among Internet attorneys is around 70% and that the cost is from $1,000 to $1,500. It all depends on the circumstances.

If you know who the poster is, another avenue many clients take is to have a lawyer write a cease and desist letter to the person. While a cease and desist letter has little legal effect, it will tell the poster he could get in legal hot water which will cost him a lot of legal fees if nothing else.

You may want to discuss your situation with a lawyer in more detail. Most lawyers on Avvo, including myself, offer a free phone consultation.