How to remove or seal class A misdemeanor in Texas

Asked about 1 year ago - Midland, TX

5yrs ago I was charged with failure to identify fugitive, I was advised by my state appointed attorney to plea no contest and pay the fine. Now I cannot even get a job due to this charge on my background. I was told that since I did not take deferred adjudification that I cannot have it sealed. What other options do I have?

1. Robert Sterling Guest

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . Your only options are this point are to 1) file a writ to challenge the plea. When you plead you give up the right to appeal, but you still may be able to file a writ. 2) File for a pardon, but Rick Perry doesn't grant very many, he hates people, especially criminal defendants.

To discuss your writ option contact some local post conviction criminal defense lawyers.

2. JaPaula C Kemp

Answered . Unfortunately, a writ (appeal) is the only likely option you have. The governor is not likely to pardon you for this offense. This misdemeanor conviction will be on your record forever unless you are pardoned or win the appeal.