How to remove my name from an eviction?

Me and my son moved in a house as roommates on a month to month lease and my son ended up needing to move six months ago so he gave the landlord a 30 day verbal notice. He moved out without problems but now since I'm behind on rent he keeps harassing my son for rent money and threatening him to give him an eviction. He filed an eviction and my poor sons name is on the Summons! can I get my sons name off this eviction?

Just because your son moved out does not mean he has been released from his obligation under the lease. You cannot get his name removed from the eviction suit

Even in a month to month rental? & my son gave this guy a 30 day notice. He removed him from the lease but never gave us a copy.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

Then are you sure he removed him from the lease? Most landlords will not do that.

Yes because he put my other son on the lease and he signed and when we asked for a copy he gave the old lease with my other sons name on it. But we have no proof :( he did this on purpose. Since he filed for eviction he still comes by asking for money and when are we moving is this legal?

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant