How to remove father's name from birth certificate after the child has been adopted out who is not the biological father?

Asked about 1 year ago - Jackson, MI

In 2011, I signed my name on a birth certificate as the father and the child was put up for adoption. She has since then been adopted. I am not the biological father. How do I remove my name from the birth certificate now? Does the mother need to consent to the removal of my name?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. David B. Carter Jr.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Once a child has been adopted a new birth certificate is used with the biological parents removed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,921 answers this week

3,285 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,921 answers this week

3,285 attorneys answering