Skip to main content

How to remove expired construction lien in Washington State?

Battle Ground, WA |
Filed under: Construction law

I had a lien filed against my property in Washington State due to the builder not paying the contractor. The builder is going out of business, but the lien still remains. If I have read the Washington law right the liens expire after 8 months unless legal action has been take. No action has been taken and the lien is now 10 months old. What do I need to do to have this removed from the title record?

Thanks for any info.

Attorney Answers 1


There is a statute that awards the property owner their reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred in removing a frivolous lien. Lawyer up with somebody local who understands real property issues, and let them take care of this for you.

Hope this helps. Elizabeth Powell

Mark as helpful

1 comment



this is not helpful at all. I want to know what to do not be told to get a lawyer.

Construction law topics

Recommended articles about Construction law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics