How to remove a surviving spouse from a house that is now owned by the deceased daughter

Asked over 1 year ago - Sterling Heights, MI

my father's house was in foreclosure because his wife did not pay the mortgage after my father passed away. My sister has redeemed the property through the mortgage company but the wife refuses to vacate the property and refuses to give my sister any access to the home.

1. Julie Aletta Paquette

3

Answered . I'm sorry for your loss. You need to consult with and hire an attorney to help you address this issue. Good luck to you and your sister.

2. Michael Avanesian

Pro

2

Answered . You need to either go through the judicial process or offer her some $$ to move out.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Redeeming the mortgage does not automatically transfer ownership.
    The surviving spouse may have some vested interest as a spouse.
    You will need an attorney to represent you or your sister to deal with the spouse
    and understand the rights of all the parties.