How to remove a personal representative.

Dearborn, MI |
Filed under: Estate planning

We are having problems with a lawyer who is supposed to be representing us in probate court. When my mother passed, she left no will so my brother and I had to put the house in probate. To make a long story short, we needed a lawyer to represent us to get a bond (?) so we asked one who was hanging around the court. He agreed and put his name on our paperwork as personal rep. It's been almost 5 months and we now we have a buyer for the house and this "lawyer" is nowhere to be found. He doesn't return phone calls and has no office. We went to probate and filled out all the proper paper work, got the bond released and the analyst said we still needed the "lawyer's" signature. My mom owned the house and was debt free and there's only my brother and me. There has to be a way to get our house.

Please contact me to discuss your matter in more detail. I would be happy to assist you in any way I can.

James Frederick

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates