How to remove a father name off of Birth certificate?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Worcester, MA

how to remove a father name off of Birth certificate?

1. Karla Mansur

1

Answered . My colleague is correct that you cannot just remove a father's name from the birth certificate. This can only be accomplished in two very specific ways. If the Father does not want this to happen you will have a very hard time doing so. The courts think that having two parents is always in the child's best interest, so if there is no one else to assume responsibility for the child's care then it is unlikely, you will be able to remove the father's name from the birth certificate because it is the same thing as terminating parental rights.

2. Christopher W. Vaughn-Martel

Answered . I think you should try reposting your question with more information.

The short answer is that you can't remove a parent's name from a birth certificate. There may be circumstances where the father can petition to be adjudicated not to be the father, but this may not work if he has acted in a way that is consistent with being the child's father.

If you have another parent who is ready and willing to assume parental responsibility to the child, you and your co-parent can bring a co-parent adoption. That process would terminate the rights of the child's biological father and establish them in the new co-parent.

Good luck!

3. Henry Lebensbaum

Answered . Why

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.