How to remove a court ordered restraining order?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Columbus, OH

The case was domestic viokence. The case is closed. The judge ordered a restraining order. I no longer want the restraining order. How do I remove it.
?

1. Curt Perri Bogen

Pro

Answered . You need to file a motion to lift the Restraining Order. Can't change a Court Order without asking the Court to change the Order--so file it. Good Luck.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

Answered . Domestic violence is not a private issue between the victim and offender. There are enormous costs to the legal and law enforcement systems caused by these cases, and important consequences for children and public safety. The law recognizes these massive social costs and is purposely designed to be used for the prevention of subsequent offenses. Restraining orders and no-contact orders are powerful mechanisms by which the law intends to implement its preventive agenda. Your wish to drop the restraining order does not bind or limit the court as to what legal actions are necessary to inhibit you and the other party from future similar incidents. You can request the court. to rescind or modify the order, but you cannot compel that decision. The court will decide based on the seriousness of the offense, prior criminal history, and the likelihood of subsequent offenses.