How to receive Permency award in Pennsylvania?

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

A while ago, I broke my wrist on a job, and am currentlly collecting workers comp. I have a few more weeks of physical therapy left, and then I should be able to return to work. But, how are Permency awards done in PA? Is this something I just mention to my case manager or claims adjuster?

1. Geoffrey Hillsberg

Pro

6

Answered . There are no permanency awards in PA. If you recover and return to work, your benefits are suspended and the Workers' Compensation checks stop. This is true even if you have a permanent loss of some function. It sounds like you do not have an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult with one as soon as possible. You might be able to negotiate some sort of settlement.

2. Richard Alan Jaffe

Pro

4

Answered . There are no permanency awards in PA as there are in NJ. PA is a wage loss state. If you are suffering residuals of work injury and released with restrictions your employer can not accommodate you may eligible to settle your claim for a lump sum.

Is my recommendation that you contact an Attorney experienced in handling PA WC Claims to discuss your rights and course of action. Most attorneys will not charge for initial consultation and will accept your claim on a contingency fee basis.

3. David Brian Snyder

Pro

Answered . You should contact a lawyer. You will also need a medical opinion on this...

David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    315-451-3040
    http://www.syracuseworkerscomp.com
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and does not offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.