How to receive Permency award in Pennsylvania?

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

A while ago, I broke my wrist on a job, and am currentlly collecting workers comp. I have a few more weeks of physical therapy left, and then I should be able to return to work. But, how are Permency awards done in PA? Is this something I just mention to my case manager or claims adjuster?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Geoffrey Hillsberg


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There are no permanency awards in PA. If you recover and return to work, your benefits are suspended and the Workers' Compensation checks stop. This is true even if you have a permanent loss of some function. It sounds like you do not have an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult with one as soon as possible. You might be able to negotiate some sort of settlement.

  2. Richard Alan Jaffe


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There are no permanency awards in PA as there are in NJ. PA is a wage loss state. If you are suffering residuals of work injury and released with restrictions your employer can not accommodate you may eligible to settle your claim for a lump sum.

    Is my recommendation that you contact an Attorney experienced in handling PA WC Claims to discuss your rights and course of action. Most attorneys will not charge for initial consultation and will accept your claim on a contingency fee basis.

    This answer to your legal inquiry is based upon the limited facts stated in your question. Accurate legal advice... more
  3. David Brian Snyder


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . You should contact a lawyer. You will also need a medical opinion on this...

    David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and does not offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,236 answers this week

3,204 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,236 answers this week

3,204 attorneys answering