How to read an unemployment claim form? The claim balance and the claim expiration date don't match.

Asked 9 months ago - Corona, CA

My weekly unemployment benefits are $ 200.00 and my claim expires at the end of October. My remaining claim balance is only $ 1800.00 ( the amount on the latest stub ) which will be exhausted by June .Could you explain how should I understand it ?

1. Michelle L. Reynolds

Best Answer

Answered . An unemployment insurance claim is valid for one (1) year from the date you initially filed. However, you may only collect up to 26 weeks of benefits (since the federal extensions were not renewed). The discrepancy in time is in case you fail to file claim forms timely and your claim needs to be reopened in the 1 year time frame.

2. Lesly Jeanne Adams

Pro

1

1

Answered . There is probably a very simple answer, better left to the Employment Development Department. Please contact the EDD through their online system, ASK EDD. Be as specific as you were here in your query. They can probably solve the mystery. Good luck to you.