How to re-open case for murder/suicide?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lawrenceburg, IN

two family members died in 2011, ruled "murder/suicide." How do I get this case re-opened?

1. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . Unless I'm missing something there would not be a case to reopen. Both the killer and the victim died, unless what you are really talking about is to have a police investigation reopened because of evidence indicating it was a double homicide. So if that is what you are intending by your question it would make sense to bring the new information to the attention of the investigating law enforcement agency.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . Re-opened from what?

I agree with my colleague -- clearly the deceased are not subject to prosecution so who's left?

3. James Regan

Pro

2

Answered . You could hire a private investigator. Or you could contact the police agency that investigated the crime.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.