How to prove to USCIS that you never been outside the US since you came here?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I came to study in here on F-1 visa a few years ago , but overstayed , and now I am married to a USC and I am filing to adjust my status , my friend has been through this, and he was asked by the IO at the interview to prove that you didn't leave the country !! now this is really confusing ,How to leave and come back when your visa is expired ? How to answer questions like that ?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

1

Best Answer

Answered . Not true, and if it were, you probably have a ATM, checking account, credit cards, etc.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

9

2

Answered . Please stop listening to people's weird stories. One does not have to "prove" that one has not left since his last arrival. Your word (and the information you fill out on the Forms) will be enough.

3. Jose Antonio Moreno

6

1

Answered . You were inspected and admitted and thus you can adjust status. See link

4. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Various records from doctors to bank to school to utility.