How to prove that mother of my Daughter is "Mentally Unstable"

Nutley, NJ |

The mother of my Daughter is psyhcologically unstable and an Alchoholic. She has been diaognosed with being "Bi-Polar", "Delusional", a "Pathological Liar" amongst very is irrational to the point that you are not able to have a 2 min. conversation with her, let alone being able to get a logical response. This is my concern for my 9 yr. old little girl. My 21 yr. old is very aware of this and has giving up on trying to communicate with the mom. I want to know how to go about "Proving" her instability in court.Both my Girls want to be with me. My 21 yr. old (who is not my Bio-logical child) stated this in court. Why does the Dad get less respect then the woman. In the turn of the 19th. century, the children were always with the Dad...NOT the mom. ...Thank You

If you are concerned for the safety of your children then you should call the police and/or the Division of Child Protection and Permanency.

Benjamin G. Kelsen IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 179 Cedar Lane Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: www.kelsenlaw.com / Email: bgkelsen@kelsenlaw.com NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

It is not easy to answer this question, and you really should speak with an attorney. You will need to prove to the Court that the mother is not capable of being a full-time parent. If she has been diagnosed, then you will need to try to get copies of the medical records and diagnoses and provide them to the Court. This can be difficult to do. You, and your 21 year old, will need to be prepared to testify if the Court schedules a plenary hearing. A complete answer to your question is beyond the scope of this forum.

If you think this post was helpful, please check the "good answer" button below! NOTE: This answer is made is for advisory and/or educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site, or posting a question and obtaining an answer, you understand that no attorney-client relationship is being established between you and the answering attorney, and there is no attorney-client privilege between you and the attorney. You should consult with a licensed professional attorney in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. The information provided in this answer is designed to be general in nature and is based on the facts stated in your question, and might change based on further information.

I agree with my colleagues. You prove it by medical records and medical testimony. You also prove it by other witnesses. At a trial the judge could interview the child.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Child custody topics