How to prove that mother of my Daughter is "Mentally Unstable"

Asked almost 2 years ago - Nutley, NJ

The mother of my Daughter is psyhcologically unstable and an Alchoholic. She has been diaognosed with being "Bi-Polar", "Delusional", a "Pathological Liar" amongst very is irrational to the point that you are not able to have a 2 min. conversation with her, let alone being able to get a logical response. This is my concern for my 9 yr. old little girl. My 21 yr. old is very aware of this and has giving up on trying to communicate with the mom. I want to know how to go about "Proving" her instability in court.Both my Girls want to be with me. My 21 yr. old (who is not my Bio-logical child) stated this in court. Why does the Dad get less respect then the woman. In the turn of the 19th. century, the children were always with the Dad...NOT the mom. ...Thank You

1. Benjamin G Kelsen

3

Answered . If you are concerned for the safety of your children then you should call the police and/or the Division of Child Protection and Permanency.

2. Lawrence Charles Kroll

Pro

2

Answered . It is not easy to answer this question, and you really should speak with an attorney. You will need to prove to the Court that the mother is not capable of being a full-time parent. If she has been diagnosed, then you will need to try to get copies of the medical records and diagnoses and provide them to the Court. This can be difficult to do. You, and your 21 year old, will need to be prepared to testify if the Court schedules a plenary hearing. A complete answer to your question is beyond the scope of this forum.

3. Yolanda Navarrete

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You prove it by medical records and medical testimony. You also prove it by other witnesses. At a trial the judge could interview the child.