How to protect yourself from a lawyer who is hiding behind legal terms to make you look bad?

Bronx, NY |

I was dealing with a lawyer who initially said "oh, do not worry you will get your money back towards the end because I will be getting paid through the program you are going through as a first time home buyer" so the lawyer had me sign a contract to retain her. We were going through this real estate deal for 6 months because it was a court order sale. Towards the end the lawyer claims inside information and informs me the owner is going through a nasty divorce and is going to buy his wife out. Now all this time I was asking the lawyer and the real estate agent do they want to sell the property. I told the lawyer how I viewed the situation now the lawyer is hiding behind legal jargon to cover up the real facts and is now being technical with things. How do I report the lawyer?

You can always report a lawyer to the ethics commission. However, it is a serious complaint, so please make sure yours is real.

I read your question and could not really understand it. You need to explain specifically waht you hired the lawyer to do. Is he not doing it, or not doing it to your satisfaction. If your question is simply how to report, you contact the Board of Bar examiners. http://www.courts.state.ny.us/ip/attorneygrievance/complaints.shtml
provides directions.

You haven't described any wrongful conduct other than a problem in communicating with your lawyer. Tell your attorney that you don't understand what's happening and ask for an appointment to come to her office so that she can explain it to you.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes