How to protect yourself against bad lawyer?

Port Saint Lucie, FL |

It's been 10 month since I hired probate lawyer and don't have result.

My husband passed away last year. He had several bank accounts without beneficiary. I hired probate lawyer 10 month ago. I gave her bank accounts information and I don't have any results yet.

You need to speak with your lawyer and find out what the status of the case is, why it is taking so long, and when you can expect it to be completed. If you don't receive a satisfactory response, or any response at all, then you can hire a new lawyer to take over. Any fee dispute you have with the lawyer you have can be submitted to the Florida Bar fee arbitration program.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

Make an appointment and ask these questions of your attorney. There may be good reasons for the delay. No one on avvo will know your file better than your own legal counsel.

Attorney-client communications are an essential part of the relationship, and you should not be going for ten months without some information about the progress of your case. Contact your attorney to schedule an appointment or telephone conference to talk about your concerns regarding the case progress and the attorney's lack of communication.

You should also take into account that litigation does take time to resolve, months and sometimes years, so it may be that nothing has happened with your case during the past ten months, However, you should still contact the attorney to find out if that's the case, and if you remain dissatisfied with the attorney's responsiveness, I agree with Mr. Trabin that you should consider hiring another attorney to handle your matter.

Any information provided by attorney Conan does not establish an attorney-client relationship with any individual asking any question on this website. Responses should not be interpreted or relied upon as legal advice, which is given by attorney Conan only when an attorney-client relationship has been established. Attorney Conan is licensed to practice law in Florida.