Skip to main content

How to process appear by phone request for my court date in Santa Clara Court CA?

San Jose, CA |

I'm in China right now and my court date is Sept. 25. How to process the request in Court to ask appear by phone?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Call CourtCall. They can advise you further. I assume this is for a civil matter and the judge allows telephone appearances.

I am licensed in California only and my answers and information on Avvo assume California law. Answers and information provided by me is general information only. It is not legal advice. It must not be relied upon by you. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website between us are not privileged or confidential. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that you do not lose any legal rights for failure to timely take appropriate action for your situation, you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice.



I use a company called AppearByPhone. They are so affordable and convenient and their customer service is exceptional. Using this company really reduces the stress of our busy court schedules and saves me and my clients hundreds of dollars. I would for sure check into


If this is a criminal case appearance, most courts will not allow you to appear by phone. If is is a felony case and the court has not granted PC 977 authority, your personal appearance is required. In most misdemeanor cases that are not domestic violence or involve child abuse, an attorney can appear for you under PC 977 authority. If your case is a misdemeanor, hire an attorney to make the appearance for you and at least get a continuance.

Most family courts will allow you to appear by phone. I do not know if general civil courts will allow you appear by phone or not. You may want to post your question under a different heading if this is a civil case.



Thanks! This is family court case,

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer