How to prevent your wife from forging letters (snail mail) in a divorce case?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

Maybe I'm paranoid. But it seems way too easy to impersonate someone using snail mail and then having it be admissible in court. At least with email, there is metadata and ISP info. With snail mail, there's no regulation!

1. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

6

10

Answered . It's really not that easy. Lawyers have been successfully attacking the credibility of paper evidence for years. If you are worried about something specific, speak to your attorney about it. If you don't yet have an attorney, you can find one here on Avvo. Good luck!

2. Paul Karl Siepmann

Pro

6

Answered . What exactly is your concern?

3. Edwin Drantivy

4

1

Answered . What do you mean by "forging?" One cannot forge their own creation. Do you mean "lying?"

4. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

4

Answered . Perhaps bringing the letters in to an attorney is the way to go at this point. Knowing what she's trying to forge & the purpose for which she's doing so would greatly inform whatever assessment is given. Thus, you should schedule a follow-up consultation with a NYC Divorce attorney.

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.