How to pay higher fine for speeding ticket to take off points?

Asked 4 months ago - Medford, NJ

I got pulled over and given a 5 point speeding ticket for driving 60 mph in a 35 mph in Medford, NJ. How could I obtain a plea bargain with the prosecutor in order to pay a higher fine but not have any points on my license?

1. James Alexander Abate

Pro

5

Answered . In order to get the downgrade from that speed it will be necessary for you to retain counsel. However, even with the lawyer I would not bank on zero points. That's nearly twice the legal limit. You may in fact be looking on the suspension depending on your record.

2. Matthew R Schutz

5

Answered . NJ has a an unsafe driving violation. It is a 0 point offense. There is a big fine about $450.00. Some caveats here. One can only use the unsafe violation twice in 4 years. It you use it more you get 4 points. Given the circumstances you describe, you will need counsel.

3. Mark M Cheser

Pro

5

Answered . Most prosecutor will onlu allow a 2 point reduction without an atorney. Unsafe driving is the only 0 pointer available on speeding. But as said before 60 in a 35 is 4 not 5 popints the break is at 29 over. You likley need an attorney even for the 4 point reduction and some court wuill not allow a 4 point reduction.

4. Jordan D Yuelys

Pro

2

Answered . I would suggest hiring an attorney who appears in that court regularly and can convince the Prosecutor to reduce the speed or amend the ticket to a lower point offense. Sometimes if you are speeding at close to twice the speed limit, the Court will want to revoke your driving privileges for a short period of time too. The ticket can be defended. Do not give up.